Top 3 Best Kid’s Mountain Bikes
It is generally accepted that a 20-inch mountain bike is appropriate for kids ranging from 6 to 8 years of age. At this age, children are more enthusiastic and energetic. Their energy levels are comparatively high than ours. They demand something productive, to spend their energy on. I think a mountain bike would be a great choice. Children can use their energies in exploring the beauty of nature with their stylish mountain bikes.
Young ones at this age, become sufficiently stout, to handle the heft added by the suspension of the bike. They have got capabilities to control gears, and have a great interest in operating mechanical things. If your kid reached that age, and you are looking for a suitable bike for him, then here we have included the Best 20 inches Mountain Bikes in our list. This review will help you in choosing a perfect fit for your kiddo, in terms of finding out a durable as well as the budget-friendly bike.
Schwinn Koen Mountain Bike for Children – Best Mountain Bike For Kids and Toddlers
- ♦ Saddle: Adjustable Saddle
- ♦ Brake style: V Brakes
- ♦ Suitable age: 6 years or above
- ♦ Structure: Steel Frame
- ♦ Guarantee: Limited Lifetime guarantee
- ♦ Weight: 27.1 lbs
- ♦ Geometry: Child-specific geometry
- ♦ Full Coverage Chain
The Schwinn Koen has a steel frame. It uses Schwinn’s trademark Smart Start Design. It is incorporated in children’s bike frames to offer more strength and ease. It is done particularly for the children who are new to riding. It eases them in easy handling and pedaling. It comes with a full-coverage chain protector to keep young ones’ clothing, hands, and feet free from dirt. It is suitable for children of 6 years old and above or for 48-60 inches tall children. Its seat is changeable that lets the children alter the seat position with their growing height. The bike contains both activated V brakes with the lever. It also contains a built-in coaster brake at the back. It allows children to easily shift from their previous bikes to larger ones with two brake levers. It has a number plate and a limited lifetime guarantee.
- It is available in three different colors red, blue and black
- Its caliper brakes at the front and coaster brakes at the back ease in a sudden stop
- The bike is comparatively heavy than others.
- It doesn’t come with an Allen wrench that is necessary for the proper assembling of the bike.
Huffy Star Wars Darth Vader Boys Bike – Best Mountain Bike For Kids and Toddlers
- ♦ Colors: Black and Red, White
- ♦ Weight: 25 lbs
- ♦ Wheels: 12” and 16”
- ♦ Suitable age: 4-6 years of age group
It is a star war themed bike that comes in wheel sizes of 12 and 16 inches. It has a different color range. The Red/black bike comes with a lightsaber theme. The white model has a Stormtrooper theme whereas the black bike comes with a Darth Vader theme. Each comes with a mask according to their respective characters. The mask provides the space for kids for storing toys or snacks. Its steel frame adds to the durability of the bike. Training wheels are also present for learning young ones. They are also removable. The saddle of the bike is well decorated with a star war design.
Lightsaber-themed bike comes with only coaster brakes at the back while the other two models come with both handle and coaster brakes. There is also a button present on the handlebar that will light up your bike. All of the models come with a Star war chain protector to protect your child from getting clothes, hands, and feet dirty. Moreover, it will prevent clothing to get trapped in the chain of the bike.
- Available in different colors.
- It offers a smooth and stylish ride.
- Its mask offers additional space for storing snacks and toys.
- Assembling is a little bit difficult task.
- It doesn’t have the traditional pedal/push backward to stop.
Diamondback Cobra Youth Mountain Bike
- ♦ Structure: Steel Frame
- ♦ Brake type: Linear pull brakes
- ♦ Wheel: 20 inches
- ♦ Weight: 75 Pounds
- ♦ Suitable age: age 5-9
- ♦ Suspension size: 40mm travel fork suspension
Diamondback Cobra Youth mountain bike is an orange color bike having a steel frame. It is the best fit for all types of grounds. It comes with 21-speed options, powerful gear, and a brake system with excellent suspension. It can bear any damage to provide a safe and enjoyable ride. Its 6-speed Shimano speed gears help you in quick and easy gear shifting. It’s 40mm Hl zoom travel fork suspension helps you to ride on every type of terrain bikes like mountain bikes for adults. Linear Pull brakes help your kiddo to maintain balance and control.Different Types Of Bike
Moreover, it is an excellent option for those parents who are looking for a budget-friendly bike.
- Easy to assemble.
- Brakes lever can be adjustable.
- It doesn’t come with a protective chain protector.
- The tires are not of good quality.
- The first thing to keep in mind before buying a bike is to make sure that the bike should be suitable for your kid in terms of height, age, and weight. Anything too big or hefty can be dangerous, or anything very small becomes unusable after some time. So, pick a bike before checking the recommended age or size.
- Bike quality and suspension are other things to keep in mind. Because for mountain riding a bike should be strong enough to bear the rough and rocky terrains. First, take a note of the forks and shock absorption specifications then make a choice.
- If your child is enthusiastic about buying a mountain bike, first make sure to buy all the accessories with a bike. A strong, durable helmet, glasses, and a small backpack should be bought with a bike in order to take safety measures.
In short, making an ideal choice of a bike that is strong as well as budget-friendly; is not an easy task. Don’t make choices without considering any guide. Research well and then go for it.
Children grow very quickly. So, pick the right or perfect for your child. Don’t compromise; choose wisely so that your kids can enjoy their bike ride. This review will aid you to choose the bike that might be you are looking for.
In my opinion, the Schwinn Koen bike will be a good choice. If I would be looking for a mountain bike for my kid; I will surely go with this one. It is strong and sturdy with a stylish look.